Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Desire To Inspire - Inspirational Kitchens

I'm excited to present to you this first kitchen, in a series of wonderful kitchens culled from the Desire To Inspire blog! Jo and Kim, the ladies who are the force behind this award winning blog, (recently named one of the ten most influential design blogs in the blogosphere) have an "eye," a vision for finding stunning interiors. It is the place I go to when I just want to look at interiors to get, well, inspired. In fact, it can be very addicting, looking at these beautiful spaces!

kitchen inspire kitchen design
It is not quick and easy to do what Kim and Jo do. The time spent on research behind the scenes is impressive. To create a collection of spaces, which all flow from one to the next, is itself, a creative work. Whether the context is color one day, style the next, a showcase of a particular design firm, or any other theme, we understand what it is we are viewing. It all makes sense.


kitchen inspire kitchen design
Let's look at this elegant kitchen. It just speaks to me. I think, because, it reflects my personal style. Maybe that's why I'm choosing this one first. Here's what I love:

kitchen inspire kitchen design

- combination of cool and warm colors/shades and the larger proportion of warm shades
- contrast of woods
- contrast of colors
- the simplicity
- the artwork
- the personal, lived in, look (it's not sterile!)
- the natural, branch-like, touches
kitchen inspire kitchen design

kitchen inspire kitchen design

Source: http://www.thekitchendesigner.org